What is Agròpolis?
A public-community space, launched by Barcelona City Council,
... for dialogue, work and action,
... between civil society, the economic fabric, universities and the municipal public authority,
... which share the goal of collaborating to transform Barcelona’s food system through the values of food sovereignty and agroecology.
Lines of work
It was the decision of the Agròpolis plenary to link its lines of work with the challenges described in the Barcelona 2030 Sustainable Food Strategy.
From the first nine challenges detected, we selected 5 to develop from Agròpolis. They are as follows:
- Increase the production and sale of agro-ecological and local foods and their distribution in short circuits
- Protect and recover urban and peri-urban productive spaces
- Promote and defend universal access to healthy and sustainable diets for all
- Promote food cultural change
- Balance power within the food chain and foster fair relations
How you can take part
Step 1 - By meeting five criteria.
- Having a connection with the Barcelona food system (regardless of your location).
- Sharing the aim to transform it into a fairer, healthier, more sustainable and more sufficient model.
- Within the framework of agroecology and food sovereignty.
- Expressing the will to take part in Agròpolis-derived spaces and processes.
- In representing a project, collective, association or enterprise working to transform the food system (if you wish to take part in the space on an individual basis, you will need to contact email@example.com).
Step 2 - By filling in the registration form at this link.
Want to take part?
If you are a group, organisation, business or entity working in sustainable food, agro-ecology, urban agriculture and food sovereignty in Barcelona or its metropolitan area, are you going to join in with this initiative?